13 Reasons Why You Should Get Life Insurance
When you get life insurance, you’re paying for the unexpected, and planning for tomorrow. Any type of insurance can be confusing, especially if you’re not sure if you “need” the insurance. You may have wondered, “Is life insurance worth it?” It is, and as you grow older, you will realize how important and financially responsible having life insurance is.
It can be a real life-saver for everyone in your family, business partners, and other beneficiaries during a time of change.
Life insurance really is an insurance that everyone needs, but fewer people than you think have it.
For this article, our team at Montoya & Associates in Jacksonville, Florida, wanted to share with you many reasons why life insurance is worth the purchase and why you should buy it.
- Life insurance is a way to protect family from a financial threat. It replaces your income when you die, so your loved ones can stay supported financially and sustain their standard of living.
- It can help with funeral and burial costs, medical bills, and other expenses. You can easily rack up tens of thousands of dollars with these expenses.
- It can help take care of your children (if still at home).
- It can help take care of the children as they get older as well and need financial support for college or a wedding.
- It can be an inheritance. You can name your children as beneficiaries and your children can have a good financial future.
- It can help replace a spouse’s income. Otherwise, going from two salaries to one salary can drastically impact a family in a bad way.
- Life insurance provides income for day-to-day expenses.
- It helps pay off debts on such things like a mortgage, credit cards, and car loans.
- It can help pay estate taxes, which are high.
- It gives you peace of mind and protection in a time of uncertainty.
- Depending on the type of life insurance, it can build up cash value over time.
- It can keep you afloat if a business partner dies.
- It can be pretty affordable.
Looking for a Life Insurance Plan?
When you’re looking for life insurance, you can choose between two main types of policies: term and permanent life insurance policies. Each work in different ways to protect beneficiaries.
- Whole Life insurance is also known as permanent insurance. You receive coverage for your entire life, as long as premiums are paid. Whole life policies accumulate cash value on a tax-deferred basis. They can grow without taxation until the money is disbursed.
- Term Life policies provide coverage for a specific amount of time (5 years, 10 years or 20 years). Term premiums are often less expensive than whole life premiums, but once the term of the policy is complete, coverage terminates. There is no accumulation of cash value.
- Universal Life is a permanent insurance policy. It offers you flexibility that enables you to change your premiums and death benefit as your needs change.
- With Variable Universal Life*, those who are paying in can invest in different funds or other “vehicles.” A variable policy makes it possible to trade on the value of the policy in the open market. Variable life insurance products are long-term investments and may not be suitable for all investors.
- Survivorship life insurance is available as whole life, universal life or variable universal life – covers two people and pays out when the second insured individual dies.
Looking for a Life Insurance Plan?
Thinking about getting a life insurance policy? You should! Life insurance policies will give you confidence in your family’s financial future and help you build assets intelligently as you age. It’s a good idea to have a policy in place for financial preservation and confidence.
Let our team at Montoya & Associates help you get a life insurance plan that is right for you and your loved ones. We have over 29 years of experience. To get started, click our life insurance plan page to learn more or get a non-obligation quote or call us at 800-965-5554.